We are currently looking for writers and bloggers who would like to contribute their writing to this community. Building a network of writers who share our passion for our Lord, our Catholic faith, and our sisterhood is an essential element of our ministry. Please review the Contributor Guidelines below and read our ministry Mission, Vision, and Consecration prayer to get more familiar with our purpose.
- To post consistent content that is relevant, informative, and uplifting.
- 1 blog posts/week, published on Thursday or Friday morning.
- 1 prayer post/week, published on Monday morning.
- To provide a platform for women of different backgrounds, ages, and experiences to share about the themes relevant to the mission of You Are Made New Ministry, which include but are not limited to: freedom in Christ, the healing journey, authentic/intentional living, living the liturgical year, the Sacraments, motherhood, discernment, sisterhood, marriage, etc.
- To create community and connection through shared stories and realizing we are not alone in our struggles.
- Blog post- between 350-800 words.
- Personal stories are our favorite kind of blog posts. Share your real life joys, struggles, setbacks, successes, learnings, laughter, tears, etc. Our goal is to share authentically, enabling our readers to see a bit of themselves in our stories. This creates connection, a sense of belonging, and helps us all remember that we are not alone on this journey!
- At our core, You Are Made New is a learning community. Our primary vehicles for personal connection are our coaching circles, our retreats, and our forthcoming online classroom – all important sources of personal growth and spiritual healing. Therefore, your posts involving “learning how-tos” are also encouraged. Do you have a special morning prayer routine that works for you? Teach it to us. A method of staying connected with the Lord on the stressful days? Do tell! A plan for helping your little one draw closer to Jesus? We’d love to know about it.
- What aspects of our rich Catholic faith that you love or lean into the most? The Holy Spirit, Mary, Jesus, a special saint, a special prayer or devotional practice… our faith has so much to offer! We love blog posts that inspire us and our sisters into deeper conversion, deeper relationship with our Lord.
- Prayers- around 250 words. Prayers are written in the first person, so the reader will experience it from a personal perspective. Each prayer should include a related scripture verse. See the example below.
- Commit to submitting a blog post and/or prayer on a regular basis (for example: one blog post each month; or one prayer and one post each month; or one blog post every other month). Frequency is left to the discretion of the writer, but will be arranged with the content editor when writer’s contributing term begins.
- Submit posts / prayers by assigned due dates.
- Contributors may – but are not required to – submit images with their posts. Our editors will provide all contributors with image guidelines.
- Contributors retain the right to share their work in other places.
- As this is a volunteer position, no formal compensation will be provided.
Listing of Blog Categories (alphabetically)
- Intentional Living: Reflections and how-tos related to the practice of intentional living.
- Life in the Spirit: Listening to the promptings of the Spirit, so our lives will bear His fruit.
- Liturgical Living: Inspiration for living out our beautiful Catholic faith! Includes, but is not limited to these sub-categories:
- Advent: Going deeper into the mystery of the Incarnation as we wait…
- Lent: Reflections for our 40-days in the desert with Jesus.
- Saints: Learning from our Heavenly helpers as we journey!
- Motherhood: Reflections on and lessons learned along our mothering journey.
- Personal Reflection: growing in our relationship with ourselves, for the glory of God.
- The Prayers: prayers and meditations for life in ordinary time.
What to do if you are interested in this opportunity:
Please email us at email@example.com with the subject “Contributing Writer.” Please include with your email:
- A link to your blog or website (if applicable)
- A sample blog post or sample of your writing
- Any questions you may have
We will respond within 48-hours with any questions of our own and to confirm the details. Again, we are so grateful to you for considering this opportunity to share your stories and your love with our Made New community!
De Yarrison, Megan Gettinger and the Made New team