Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 Retreat Dates Coming Soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
- those wanting authentic connection with other Catholic / Christian women.
- those needing time away, for restoration and renewal.
- those desiring freedom from any habitual behavior pattern that feels out of alignment with the Lord’s call (i.e.: playing the role of victim, self-critical inner dialogue, treating oneself as “less than” others, addiction, etc).
- those seeking healing from past traumas and emotional wounding.
- those grieving a loss or struggling with anxiety, depression, feeling overwhelmed, anger.
- those desiring a deeper relationship with our Lord.
Simply because we are human beings who have lived this long into adulthood, we undoubtedly have experienced one or more adverse circumstances. Some circumstances result in wounds – intentional or unintentional – with lingering pain and discomfort. Resilient creatures that we are, we survive and we learn to cope with our anxiety, self-doubt, and fear. Yet, the Lord’s plan for us is not simply to cope and muddle through! His plan for us is freedom; freedom from anxiety, self-doubt, fear, and the effects of past traumas.
We believe very much that the Holy Spirit is alive and active within each one of us, nudging us always towards health and wholeness. Often our pain, anxiety or fears are a sign that the Spirit is pointing us towards something needing resolution, showing us the way to re-integrations. Our emotional and spiritual discomfort is important information for us to listen to.
You Are Made New Ministry’s Healing Retreats present us each with an opportunity for healing emotional wounds, for strengthening spiritually, and for leaning into Jesus as we take authority in His name to reject the enemy’s influence over our thoughts and behavior patterns. In a word…Freedom.
We expect you…
- to come with an open heart and an open mind, ready to listen for the promptings of the Holy Spirit!
- to be supportive of other participants.
- to adhere to our confidentiality pledge (shown below), which will be read aloud and agreed to at the start of each retreat.
- Recognizing that growth and healing necessitates our willingness to become vulnerable, know that you will not be required to share any details of your life or circumstances that you do not wish to share.
You can expect…
- our retreat activities to begin and end with Jesus, as we begin with the celebration of Mass and close with a time of praise & worship in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- the opportunity to receive the sacrament of Reconciliation.
- group and individual activities designed to promote personal reflection and raise self-awareness, as well as foster a sense of belonging and community.
- the opportunity to participate in communal healing prayer.
- the opportunity to do “Hot Seat Coaching” and work on a particular issue or behavior pattern.
Hot Seat* Coaching is…
- individualized attention and coaching, within the circle of our Sisters in Christ.
- an opportunity to explore stuck patterns and places within, guided by a trained facilitator.
- a way to invite Jesus into our pain, anxiety, adverse patterns, etc., and receive His healing touch through prayer and visualization.
- an opportunity for expanded self-awareness and for taking steps towards greater integration or wholeness.
- something that needs to be witnessed and experienced to grasp its full power and healing potential!
*The term ‘hot seat’ comes from different therapeutic models and refers to the chair next to the one that the coach is sitting in. A participant indicates that she is ready to do individual work by taking the ‘hot seat.”
In order for our Healing Retreats to remain safe spaces to share openly and authentically with one another, we ask all participants to agree to our confidentiality pledge:
- I will maintain the confidentiality of who was in attendance at You Are Made New Ministry Healing Retreats.
- I will not reveal details of another retreat attendee’s experience to anyone who was not present at the retreat.
- I will not take photographs or video of anyone during the retreat without their expressed agreement.
The Lord Jesus Christ, physician of our souls and bodies, who forgave the sins of the paralytic and restored him to bodily health, has willed that his Church continue, in the power of the Holy Spirit, his work of healing and salvation, even among her own members.
– Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1421
…having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe…
– Ephesians 1:18-19
Notes from Participants
You Are Made New Ministry is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and listed in the Official Catholic Directory (OCD) published by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.