Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. – Ephesians 6:10
Tips for your Sisterhood Chats
- Plan 2-hours for your gathering. Each video is 20-30 minutes in length. A 2-hour gathering will allow for some socializing time before diving into the materials, as well as time for a snack break and more socializing!
- Begin and end in prayer. Opening and closing prayers are provided in each discussion guide. Feel free to use these or your own!
- If the ladies do not all know each other, consider beginning with an “ice-breaker” that helps people get to know something about each other. We suggest having each person introduce herself and including 1 or 2 fun facts, such as:
- favorite way to spend a free afternoon
- where she attends church
- married? single? children?
- patron saint or special bible passage
- what she hopes to learn or gain through this Sisterhood Chat experience
- After a time of welcome and getting to know each other, pass out the discussion guides and watch the video together. The hostess may want to review the discussion guide ahead of time to become more familiar with the content of the chat and questions you’ll be discussing. It is helpful for the hostess to be prepared to go first during discussion time, just in case others are hesitant to begin.
- You can view the video all the way through and then dive into the discussion questions. In cases where the video time is noted after a question, you may want to pause the video at that point and discuss the question.
- Encourage your sisters to join the online conversation as well. Share You Are Made New’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. Encourage your sisters to connect to the larger Made New Community.
- Reach out to us with any questions, comments, concerns. We love to hear from you! You can reach us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com