Over and over again, women ask us: “Why isn’t anyone talking about this?”
This being the struggles, the pain, the uncertainty, the mistakes, the feelings of unworthiness, and other difficult realities. So, let’s talk about it! And most importantly, let’s look at the lies and deceptions of the enemy that are often present and getting in our way of deeper freedom.
What is a ‘Sisterhood Chat?’
Our Sisterhood Chats are monthly opportunities for gathering together for a meaningful time of sisterhood, engaging in important conversations that deepen our faith and help us take greater hold of the freedom that Christ won for us. We’ve provided a suggested structure for your gathering and a guide for your discussion. Just insert Sisters-in-Christ (and maybe some snacks!).
step 1: invite sisters
Step 2: download materials (provided)
Step 3: Watch video together, share. Enjoy!
I didn’t even perceive it as something that I needed healing from. It was a very deeply rooted sense of failure.
This is who I am: I’m Kate and I’m a failure.
September 2019 Chat: Join De for a candid conversation with Kate, a woman who was set free from debilitating anxiety, depression, and the deceptions of the enemy that were keeping her stuck.
Thank you for opening your home and your heart and helping to foster a climate of authentic sisterhood!
Tips for your Sisterhood Chats
- Plan 2-hours for your gathering. Each video is 20-30 minutes in length. A 2-hour gathering will allow for some socializing time before diving into the materials, as well as time for a snack break and more socializing!
- Begin and end in prayer. Opening and closing prayers are provided in each discussion guide. Feel free to use these or your own!
- If the ladies do not all know each other, consider beginning with an “ice-breaker” that helps people get to know something about each other. We suggest having each person introduce herself and including 1 or 2 fun facts, such as:
- favorite way to spend a free afternoon
- where she attends church
- married? single? children?
- patron saint or special bible passage
- what she hopes to learn or gain through this Sisterhood Chat experience
- After a time of welcome and getting to know each other, pass out the discussion guides and watch the video together. The hostess may want to review the discussion guide ahead of time to become more familiar with the content of the chat and questions you’ll be discussing. It is helpful for the hostess to be prepared to go first during discussion time, just in case others are hesitant to begin.
- You can view the video all the way through and then dive into the discussion questions. In cases where the video time is noted after a question, you may want to pause the video at that point and discuss the question.
- Encourage your sisters to join the online conversation as well. Share You Are Made New’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. Encourage your sisters to connect to the larger Made New Community.
- Reach out to us with any questions, comments, concerns. We love to hear from you! You can reach us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com