Over and over again, women ask us: “Why isn’t anyone talking about this?”
This being the struggles, the pain, the uncertainty, the mistakes, the feelings of unworthiness, and other difficult realities. So, let’s talk about it! And most importantly, let’s look at the lies and deceptions of the enemy that are often present and getting in our way of deeper freedom.
What is a ‘Sisterhood Chat?’
Our Sisterhood Chats are monthly opportunities for gathering together for a meaningful time of sisterhood, engaging in important conversations that deepen our faith and help us take greater hold of the freedom that Christ won for us. We’ve provided a suggested structure for your gathering and a guide for your discussion. Just insert Sisters-in-Christ (and maybe some snacks!).
step 1: invite sisters
Step 2: download materials (provided)
Step 3: Watch video together, share. Enjoy!
Strong emotions, self-rejection, and even self-hatred justifiably toss you about, but you are free to respond as you will. You are not what others, or even you, think about yourself. You are not what you do. You are not what you have. You are a full member of the human family, having been known before you were conceived and molded in your mother’s womb. Look in the mirror each day and claim your true identity. Act ahead of your feelings and trust that one day your feelings will match your convictions. Choose now and continue to choose this incredible truth. As a spiritual practice claim and reclaim your primal identity as beloved daughter or son of a personal Creator. – Henri Nouwen
October 2019 Chat: You are the Beloved
Anxiety. Depression. Self-Criticism. Freedom comes, not only by learning coping skills and new thought patterns, but also by addressing essential spiritual realities. When I hook myself to the lie that my identity – Who I Am – is dependent on what I do, what I have or what others think of me, I set myself up for perpetuated self-criticism and the toxic emotions that go along with it.
Gather your sisters in Christ and participate in our October Chat, titled “You Are the Beloved.” Join us in anchoring solidly to the Truth of our identity: Beloved daughters of God.
Thank you for opening your home and your heart and helping to foster a climate of authentic sisterhood!
Tips for your Sisterhood Chats
- Plan 2-hours for your gathering. Each video is 20-30 minutes in length. A 2-hour gathering will allow for some socializing time before diving into the materials, as well as time for a snack break and more socializing!
- Begin and end in prayer. Opening and closing prayers are provided in each discussion guide. Feel free to use these or your own!
- If the ladies do not all know each other, consider beginning with an “ice-breaker” that helps people get to know something about each other. We suggest having each person introduce herself and including 1 or 2 fun facts, such as:
- favorite way to spend a free afternoon
- where she attends church
- married? single? children?
- patron saint or special bible passage
- what she hopes to learn or gain through this Sisterhood Chat experience
- After a time of welcome and getting to know each other, pass out the discussion guides and watch the video together. The hostess may want to review the discussion guide ahead of time to become more familiar with the content of the chat and questions you’ll be discussing. It is helpful for the hostess to be prepared to go first during discussion time, just in case others are hesitant to begin.
- You can view the video all the way through and then dive into the discussion questions. In cases where the video time is noted after a question, you may want to pause the video at that point and discuss the question.
- Encourage your sisters to join the online conversation as well. Share You Are Made New’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. Encourage your sisters to connect to the larger Made New Community.
- Reach out to us with any questions, comments, concerns. We love to hear from you! You can reach us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com