I used to believe that:
- Being independent meant that I could not ask for help.
- I should be able to handle all the responsibilities and demands of life on my own.
- Nobody wants to be bothered with my “problems.”
Allowing these lies to influence my behavior and inform my self-talk led to a life rich with stress, anxiety, angry outbursts, and loneliness. And depleted of authenticity, intimate friendships, and meaningful, truthful connection with other women. I was enslaved.
So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child. – Galatians 4:7
As I’ve grown older, I’ve realized how much I need meaningful connection with other women. For a good many years of my life I evolved through a slow transition from “independent woman” to “woman who gets by with a LOT of help from her friends!”
This doesn’t mean that I am no longer able to be independent or that I am not capable and competent. I am all of those things. And there is more. The truth is, I have struggles. Sometimes I have no idea what to do. I make mistakes; sometimes, big mistakes. I need your support. And you need mine.
Working together in small groups, we support one another as we:
- Become more familiar with our inner dialogue. Is it alive with self-doubt or self-criticism? Is it self-supportive and encouraging?
- Wade into the deeper places within, listening closely and uncovering the origins of present-day habits of mind and habits of emotion.
- Learn the language of self-compassion and self-acceptance.
- Free ourselves from the destructive belief that we must DO more, BE more, GIVE more in order to be worthy or valuable.
- Forgive. Ourselves and perhaps others. So we can stand in true peace and freedom.
- Learn to stand firmly on the amazing truth of who we ARE – Beloved ones of God! His precious daughters!
6 Freedom Habits we will cultivate together:
- Trust deeply in the Lord, readily surrendering to Him daily.
- Learn the language of “Freedom in Christ,” breaking free from our fears, shame, and self-criticism.
- Foster a supportive and affirming relationship with yourself.
- Lovingly break the cycle of unhelpful thought patterns, which may have been formed during adverse circumstances earlier in life.
- Live in the present. Free from regret, self-criticism, and judgment over what has passed. Free from worry and anxiety over what is to come.
- Nurture and take care of ourselves: physically, emotionally, spiritually.
Gather 2-3 of your favorite women and experience the transformational power of group coaching!
- Bi-weekly small group coaching sessions, 90-minutes each. We meet virtually using video conferencing (with the exception of our initial kickoff meeting). Group size limited to 4 women.
- Initial kickoff meeting is held in-person. To the extent possible, we choose a venue for our kickoff that is central to all group participants.
- Each session includes a 10-15 minute teaching, followed by coaching.
- Each woman receives individual coaching, in the group setting, every other session.
- Relevant exercises and teachings to help you step most fully into the freedom you desire.
- Sisterhood! Non-judgmental, compassionate allies to journey alongside. We support one another as we learn, grow, and claim our FREEDOM!
Group coaching fee is $200/month*. We ask for a minimum 5-month commitment. During these initial 5-months, we will read and work through an amazing book titled, “Life of the Beloved” by Father Henri Nouwen. Through the book and with Nouwen’s guidance, we will become more familiar with our true identity – the Beloved of God. We will look deeply within to uncover the beliefs that keep us from living the Life of the Beloved. Hold on, this is an awesome ride!
* A minimum of 3 women is required to receive the group rates.
Have questions? Not sure what to expect from coaching or if it is the answer you’re looking for? Before you decide, you are welcome (encouraged even) to schedule a free sample coaching session with me. Coaching, like any important relationship in your life, is most powerful when you experience a heart-connection, a sense of safety and trust. And when you feel fully seen and accepted. So, let’s get to know each other before we jump into the deep together! Fill out the form below to schedule your sample session.
* denotes a required field
Other questions? Prefer to join an existing or newly forming group (rather than form your own)? Contact De directly: by email or by calling: 610.287.2989.
May God bless you with His faithful presence along your journey.
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. – John 8:36