We may not have the physical presence of our Bridegroom in the way the disciples did, but the Bridegroom is very much with us, in the Eucharist and in His dwelling within the heart of our hearts.
“June is bustin’ out all over . . .
The feelin’ is gettin’ so intense . . .
June is a love song sweetly sung”
~ Rodgers & Hammerstein’s musical,
Tis June indeed! We are in the month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus & Immaculate Heart of Mary, singing sweet love songs over us, their Hearts bustin’ out all over, for love of us! Let us nourish ourselves on this Love! Let us drink from this fountain, with wild abandon! Let us find our forever Home in these Hearts, our resting place and safe abode, our source of healing and new life, our shelter of intimacy when we feel vulnerable.
In 1672, Jesus visited St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, revealing to her His most Sacred Heart, gushing and shining with passionate love and tender mercy for her and for each soul. He gave 12 promises to all who adore His Sacred Heart. Jesus said to her and says to us today: “I set neither limit nor measure to my gifts of grace for those who seek them in My Heart.”
Jesus’ 12 promises to those who carry devotion to His Sacred Heart, which has spared nothing for love of us:
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
- I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
- I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
- THE GREATEST PROMISE – I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate (Receive Holy Communion) on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Wow! Thank You, Jesus! We run into the embrace of Your Heart, we let our full weight lean and fall into Your Heart, which can hold all of us.
Lord Jesus, we come to Your pierced open Heart seeking, knocking, asking, pleading, and trusting. We come with our needs and longings, thirsts, and cries. We come as beggars. We come as Your children. We come as Your brides. We come wanting to receive all from You and wanting to console Your Sacred Heart with our need for You, our trust in You, our desire to make our home in Your Heart, and to invite You to make your home in ours poor, aching hearts. Come under our roof, come into our mess, come into our weakness, and dwell with us. We hide in You. We take refuge in You. You are our constant comfort and our companion.
Lord, we trust in Your promises, as we embed ourselves in Your Heart, bustin’ out all over for us!
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, pray for us!
Copyright 2021, Marian West Veilleux